Do You Fulfill the Singapore PR Requirements?
If you are a foreigner, you may meet the Singapore PR requirements if you fall under one of the following categories:
- Spouse of a Singapore citizen or Singapore permanent resident (PR).
- Unmarried child aged below 21, born within the context of a legal marriage to, or legally adopted by, a Singapore citizen or Singapore PR.
- Aged parent of a Singapore citizen.
- Holder of a/an S Pass, Employment Pass, Personalised Employment Pass or EntrePass, who is working in Singapore. You may also include your spouse and any unmarried child(ren) aged below 21, born within the context of a legal marriage, or legally adopted by you, in your application.
- Student studying in Singapore, who has resided in Singapore for more than two years at the point of application, and has passed at least one national exam (i.e. PSLE or GCE ‘N’/’O’/’A’ levels) or is in the Integrated Programme (IP).
- Foreign investor in Singapore. You would need to find out the applicable requirements to apply for Singapore PR at the Singapore Economic Development Board, under the Global Investor Programme (GIP).
However, even if you fulfill the Singapore PR requirements, read on to find out why it is not easy to get your PR application approved.
3 Main Problems of Singapore PR Application
1. Slim Chance of Approval
Since 2009, Singapore government has cut down the number of approved Singapore PR application by 50%. If you submit your application similarly like the rest, how are you going to convince the officials to approve yours?
2. Complex Process
It is quite easy to search online for the procedures for Singapore PR application. However, the whole process is much more complex than you think. One small mistake in your documentation may get your entire application rejected.
3. Tedious Work
A permanent resident application requires a lot of time and effort. There are forms that need to be filled up correctly and documents to be compiled properly. The amount of paperwork can be very overwhelming and disheartening.
Why You Should Engage Us
How to Get Singapore PR Application Approved
1. Expert Consultation
Many applicants fail because they have no idea how the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority of Singapore (ICA) screens a Singapore PR application.
At Immigration Solutions, you will learn about the PR screening process and how you can improve the chances of getting your permanent resident application approved.
2. Audited Form Submission
From 18th December 2017 onwards, all permanent resident applications have to be submitted through the e-PR online system and this whole process becomes very complicated.
If you do not know how to answer any of the questions, you cannot proceed to the next question and your whole application cannot be submitted. Moreover, there is a time frame given to complete your Singapore PR application. If you cannot complete within the given time frame, your whole application will be voided.
At Immigration Solutions, we will complete all these questions and handle the entire application for you.
3. Correct Compulsory Documents
A lot of people make mistakes in the compilation of documents during their Singapore PR application. For instance, applicants mix up their Statement of Account with Notice of Assessment for their income tax documentation, resulting in the rejection of their application.
Most applicants also forget to translate their non-English documents into English, causing their permanent resident application to be rejected as well.
At Immigration Solutions, we ensure your chances of success by preparing and checking all of your forms and documents, such that they comply with the ICA accepted standards.
4. Essential Additional Documents
It is not just about how you blend in, but also how you stand out.
There are plenty of applicants with better qualifications, higher salary or even younger than you. If you submit your Singapore PR application similarly like the rest, how are you going to convince the officials to approve yours?
At Immigration Solutions, we help you prepare a list of essential additional documents to increase your chances of approval in your permanent resident application.
5. Immigration Cover Letter
We do not just handle the processing. We improve your approval chances.
There is no face-to-face interview included during a Singapore PR application. The ICA officers will base your approval or rejection solely on the documents that you submit.
At Immigration Solutions, we help you stand out from thousands of other applicants with a personalised immigration cover letter.
This letter is not the same as the cover letter you write for your job application. For example, instead of saying what you hope to get from Singapore – scholarship, job, property – you need to focus on what you can give to the country.